Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Better Late Than Never

Remember those Summer Goals I had.....well....I was pretty successful in accomplishing most of the personal ones during the summer. The professional goals, as always, are a work in progress. Well- I am happy to announce that thanks to a wonderful colleague and friend, Katie (see Creative Literacy), the revamping of my word study goal is coming along nicely (though it will always be changing and evolving- see how much I learned). And today- we (the kids and I) have officially reorganized the chapter book section of our classroom library. It was so rewarding to see the kids eyes light up at the sight of new-old books (you know- the ones that had always been in the library but got lost in the chaos), as well as, seriously new books that I purchased this weekend. We had a room full of book worms today....I think we could have spend the whole day reading. Oh what a day! Tomorrow we shall begin to tackle the picture books. I have to say this has generated some wonderful thinking on both the student and my behalf.

I will write more about my word study revelations in another post.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I'm a couple of days behind on blog reading, so if you've already posted it...apologizing in advance! But I'm really excited about reading about your word study revelations!