Thursday, September 30, 2010

Social Bookmarking


It is amazing to witness all the new terminology that has surfaced just in the last ten years related to technology. If you would have asked me what social bookmarking was four years ago, I would have had no clue what you were talking about. Now, as I am beginning to use it, I am very excited about its possibilities.

To be honest, I started a delicious account at the end of last year and wasn’t really sure how to get it going and how to make it user friendly for me or anyone else. Therefore, it became one of those things that got put off to the side. However, now as I learn all of the capabilities it has, I am super excited about some of the things I can do with it. I am just starting the process of making one for my class. I think it will be such a great resource that the children can have access to both at home and at school. I am actually looking forward to including the children in the process of how to tag and organize the sites. Since they are using it, I want them to feel ownership in it as well, and also, I believe they will be able to navigate it better if I have them help me.

In terms of personal use, I am in the process of creating a delicious, but might try starting a diigo, which Katie at Creative Literacy mentioned. Right now I am using a delicious for the blogs, wiki’s, and other sites I like to visit and read. Since I am new to using a delicious, I am still adjusting to how I want to tag sites. However, I know this will work much better than just having bookmarks saved on my computer.

5 comments:

Bill Gaskins said...

I use to be a huge fan of Delicious, but I have discovered Diigo. Diigo is so much better.Thanks for writing!

Colleen said...

Thanks for writing this post. I will have to check out both social bookmarking sites.

Mary Lee said...

You ladies are versatile bloggers!

http://readingyear.blogspot.com/2011/09/were-versatile-bloggers.html

Unknown said...

great post! I found many interesting information here.

you have got a great blog. Hope to see the next post soon.

paper plagiarism checker

Obiuser said...

gan good job, this article is very interesting to note, cool deh,, of course we have new insights that we get after reading it, thanx yah :-)

manfaat mentimun untuk kesehatan kulit wajah,obat radang gusi tradisional,obat polip lambung tradisional,cara alami menyembuhkan usus buntu,cara alami menyembuhkan parkinson,obat tradisional untuk luka gangren,cara menyembuhkan tumor jinak,cara tradisional menghilangkan keloid,cara alami menyembuhkan peradangan retina,cara alami menyembuhkan darah manis,cara menyembuhkan penyempitan tulang belakang,obat infeksi kelenjar ludah herbal,obat faringitis kronis herbal,cara alami menyembuhkan kista bartholin,cara alami menyembuhkan impetigo,suplemen alami untuk tulang dan sendi,obat epididimitis herbal,obat hipertiroid untuk ibu hamil,obat herbal penghilang vitiligo,obat herbal psoriasis vulgaris,obat polip rahim herbal,obat kista baker herbal,cara alami menyembuhkan curek,obat herbal penyakit hidronefrosis,pengobatan alami radang kelenjar tiroid,pengobatan limpoma tanpa operasi,obat kolitis herbal,obat penurun trigliserida tinggi,obat demam tifoid herbal,obat darah beku herbal,cara alami menyembuhkan tukak lambung,cara alami menyembuhkan hidrokel,cara alami menyembuhkan dispepsia,obat paru obstruktif kronik herbal,cara alami menyembuhkan ispa,obat encok herbal,obat penghilang luka bekas operasi,cara alami menyembuhkan osteoarthritis,obat fistula ani tanpa operasi,cara alami menyembuhkan epilepsi,cara alami menyembuhkan perut bengkak