Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Reflective Practioner

As a novice teacher, my pedagogy and practices are constantly evolving and probably will be for the rest of my career. I do not yet have much to share on what might work in the classroom or advice on how to teach as I borrow many ideas from colleages I admire. I am still getting my footing in the classroom and really thinking about what I truly believe about how to learn. With this being said, there is very little I value you more professionally then the time to reflect on my practices. In the craziness of teaching, I often find it difficult to allow myself the time to really reflect on the days work. I am hoping this blog will allow me the outlet to generate some quality reflections on my teaching and learning with my students so that I can grow as an educator and, in turn, continue to inspire my students to love learning....cause that's what's it's all about....right?

2 comments:

Katie Dicesare said...

Right!!!! Abby thanks for diving in...I can't wait to read more!

Cathy said...

Hi there...I'm also a second grade teacher in Indiana. Found your blog from creative literacy. How many years have you been teaching? I am in my 7th and was pushed by my writing coach to use my blog as part of my reflecting. She said that when I stop and reflect and evaluate, that is where my true growth will come. Hats off to you for figuring that out! Looking forward to reading your future posts!